You don’t really know what chemicals are found in your coffee creamer because one thing is for sure: creamer is not milk. But did you know that it’s easier to make one yourself? It’s healthy, it’s pure, and you get the perfect taste that you need. With just a few ingredients, you can enjoy a sip of your coffee in so many different ways you can imagine.
Click here to view original web page at www.hourdetroit.com
- 1 cup raw, unsalted almonds or cashews
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tsp. agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp. coconut oil
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt
- Soak the almonds or cashews in water for two to four hours, then drain and rinse.
- Drop the soaked nuts into a blender with water and blend for 60 seconds until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Using a nut milk bag or fine mesh sieve, (a cheesecloth will also work), strain the nut mixture into a large bowl to remove the pulp.
- Pour the strained liquid back into the blender and add in remaining ingredients.
- Blend until everything is thoroughly combined. Store creamer in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Stir or gently shake before each use. Separation into layers is natural.